Thursday, August 8, 2013

#IceClimber for Greenpeace















Though this is not exactly related to my Fine Art production or studio practices, I felt the need to discuss it here. It does relate to older work that I did some time ago (especially S.O.A. 1, 2, 3, 4) in terms of alchemy, transformations, and transposition.

On Sunday August 11 from 6 am - 6 pm EST I will be doing a charity marathon to raise money for Greenpeace. I will be playing the vintage Nintendo Entertainment System Game, Ice Climber for 12 hours straight.

I chose this game to piggyback on the recent "Ice Climb" in London that was staged by Greenpeace to build awareness about the melting ice caps and raise funds for direct action to stop climate change.

Donation page:

Live video stream:
www.youtube.com/SustainableGamers/

You can help mold the way I play as well, etc... by going here to the donation menu:
docs.google.com/document/d/1wOMgQmApT8kdWXmd72oNKkiBLG80oYi2cmfCIP3XkTU/edit?usp=sharing

FAQ about the charity marathon:
docs.google.com/document/d/1aWXJX8pXyGrOnZRICD1C6THvH3Ipok38t_ZpPoYDy9g/edit?usp=sharing

This cause is of great personal importance to me since I grew up very close to a superfund site as a child. It caused many respiratory problems for me, I still suffer from these ailments to this day. To make a less toxic and more sustainable world is important for all of us.

I would be so grateful if you could help me with this endeavor, in whatever capacity you can. Tell some one about it, if you can't give.