Sunday, February 6, 2011

Older work: update and questions

I have had requests and some feedback to see more documentation of my older work, more conceptually based work.

People have asked why I don't also have the older work as black and white (gray-scale) documentation as well? First, it is a great question, and I feel at the time I created the work I was very concerned with certain conceptual constructions and my newer work comes from a very different conceptual framework and deep concerns with the experience of the work. Needless to say, and as I have said before I have a deep interest in Conceptual Fine Art and its lineage in Fine Art. For more questions and answers about documentation click here.

Reminder: the images below were created before 2002, therefore they are documented in full color.

Here are some older pieces, some of which people thought should be shown on the site:


























untitled (poverty), 2000
Plastic plunger, bond paper, food color dyed water.


























Dismantling/de-installing: untitled (poverty)



untitled (RGB self portrait - Long Island, NY), 1999
Oil pastels on bond paper


Future Concerns of Relative Space, 1999/2001 {detail} 
Mono-filament, screws
Documented image from installation in CUANDO 2001 group show,
Willoughby Sharp
gallery/room 




Future Concerns of Relative Space, 1999/2001 {extreme detail} 
Mono-filament, screws
Documented image from installation in CUANDO 2001 group show,
Willoughby Sharp
gallery/room



Untitled (FLAT), 2000 {detail} 
ballpoint pen on bond paper


Untitled, 1999
charcoal on newsprint paper